Thursday, March 05, 2009

Keeping Up Hope for Rain

From KRBC Chief Meteorologist Randy Turner ...

First, I had a good time speaking to the Prime Timers group at Pioneer Drive Baptist Church on Thursday morning. I appreciate the hospitality.

Many in the group requested rain so let me start with my thoughts on that.

Our pattern has shifted which at least allows us to talk rain again and it appears the pattern shift will last through much of next week. I hesitate to go any higher than 20 percent at any point in the forecast. Saturday night is our first chance for thunderstorms. I still think Sunday will be a dry day. Late Monday and Monday night, perhaps into Tuesday morning, we stand another 20 percent chance for thunderstorms.

And new to the forecast today, another slight chance for rain next Thursday - could be a chilly, light rain kind of day, hope so anyway, we'll keep you posted.

Temperatures were warmest Thursday, close to 80, give or take a few degrees, each day through Monday. A cold front next Tuesday will drop highs closer to 70 then only around 60 for the middle of next week, as it looks now.

No comments:

Blog Archive