Thursday, January 26, 2006

4:45pm Discussion

From Chief Meteorologist Craig Carnesi...

First off let me apologize for the lack of an evening discussion yesterday. The website that hosts this blog, blogger.com, was experiencing difficulties all day and evening. I was not able to log in to uplink the update, so I apologize for that.

Now, for some good news, rain chances are looking pretty good for Friday. My only concern is there is a chance for a few isolated thunderstorms as well. My concern being the chance for fire sparked by lightning. If we do see any thunderstorms and you happen to see a fire, please call your local authorities immediately.

As for the rain chances, right now it looks like just about everyone will see some rainfall. Totals still don't look too impressive, but any totals are fine by me right now. I expect some areas may only see a tenth to a quarter of an inch of rain, while there is the potential to see up to an inch as well. It will all just depend on how the showers and storms evolve.

Rain chances will continue into Friday night. By Saturday rain and clouds clear out from West to East. Unfortunately, it looks like they won't return for a while either.

Sunny skies and above average temperatures will rule the rest of the extended forecast.

No comments:

Blog Archive